Helpful Hints & Warnings
- To prevent ground saturation near your foundation, we recommend attaching a minimum of 6’ of 3/4″ hose to the overflow fitting and directing the water away from the foundation.
- To prevent insects from seeping into the barrel, a Teflon window screen can be draped over the barrel before screwing on the lid.
- If odor or insects become a problem Clorox is an age old remedy, use approximately ¼ cup to harmlessly disinfect the water.
- In order to avoid clogging, empty your barrel at least once a year to remove leaves and other debris that may have accumulated inside.
- ICE IN BARREL can cause permanent damage and is not covered by the warranty. Please be sure to winterize your barrel.
Sign up to receive special offers and info about upcoming events.