What are the diverter specs?29 Apr, 2017
|Dimensions||Small 11L x 3W x 2.5H inches||Large 11L x 4W x 3.25 H inches|
|Warranty||1 Year Warranty|
|Weight||Less than 2 lbs.|
The small fits downspouts that are approx 2 x 3 inches or about 10-11 circumference and 3″ round. The large fits downspouts that measure something greater than 3×4 or 14″ circumference or a 4″ round. Don’t be deceived by thinking if you downspout is slightly larger you should go with the larger diverter. In this case crimp the bottom of the downspout to fit into the diverter. A snug fit is good. Think of it like the downspout is funneling the water into the diverter.
Details and Installation
- Draw a line on the downspout approximately 9 inches above the top of the rain barrel
- Move the barrel away
- Use a hacksaw and cut the downspout at the line or marking
- If the downspouts is a little larger than the diverter use needle nose pliers to crimp the edges so it will fit inside the diverter. A snug fit is good and will hold it in place.
if a downspout bracket is below your cut, remove the bracket and place it above the cut
- Attach diverter and set angle
- The diverter is designed so that you can crimp the sides of the downspouts to fit the diverter
- Tools needed: a hacksaw & measuring tape